G.D.Goenka Public School, Siliguri has hostels for boys & girls. These hostels cater to the needs of the parents of the neighbouring places as well as the neighbouring states like Sikkim, Bihar, Assam, Orissa and countries like Nepal, Bhutan and Bangladesh. The Hostel is under overall administration of the House Mistress who is ably supported by the Wardens and Matrons. They take parental care of every child to make the child's stay an enjoyable and comfortable one.
OTHER FACILITIES :
The boarders get proper guidance and counselling from the Subject Teachers and the House wardens. They supplement their free time by reading current magazines and newspapers. Films will be screened once a week and the hostel common room is also equipped with music system, television, DVD player and DTH cable connection. Equal weightage is also given to games and sports activities. Special coaches are arranged for various games & activities as and when required. To shape up and strengthen the cultural expertise of the child we have also engaged separate dance and music teachers. The School does not believe in corporal punishment. Instead of that punishment (Red Card, Yellow Card, Blue Card) would be issued. In the case of breakage or damage of school suitable penalty would be charged.
GENERAL RULES :
1. Hostel students will follow the daily routine of the hostel and school, unless exempted on medical grounds on the recommendation of the Hostel Warden/Medical Officer.
2. They are not allowed to stay in the rooms during school hours/games/activity /study time.
3. They are not allowed to keep or take medicines or tonic without the knowledge of the Hostel Warden. Any medicines must be handed over to the Warden concerned.
5. Mobile Phones are not permitted in the school premises.
6. Please do not send any cash/valuables articles through your ward(s) without the knowledge of House Warden. The school will not be responsible for the loss of any property of the student.
7. Electric kettles, heaters, irons or any other such appliances should not be used in the rooms.
8. Students are expected to scan the notice boards and follow instructions given to them. All notices will be put up on the Hostel Notice Board. Announcements, if any, will be made during dinnertime.
9. Hostel students will be allowed to go home during the long breaks. The local guardians/parents will collect the child from the School Hostel and make arrangement for his/her travel. All boarders will return to the hostel a day before the school (by 5 p.m). A fine of Rs. 500 will be imposed for late arrival. Furthermore, the school reserves the right to terminate the hostel admission of any student not reporting back in time.
10. Remedial classes will be taken for students needing special attention and it is compulsory for those identified for this to attend these classes.
11. Any hostel student falling sick will report to the Clinic through the Hostel Warden immediately.
12. Any wilful damage to or theft of school property or other's property will be regarded as a breach of School/Hostel rules and the student would be fined by School Authorities.
13. Expensive parties to celebrate birthdays are not allowed. The School will arrange for a cake, sweets and snacks for a small party within a reasonable amount. The House Warden will undertake the arrangements for this. However, the amount to be spent for the party will be billed to the parents.
14. The student should not carry any kind of tuck from home extra eatables, pickles, chutneys and digestive tablets are not permissible. Items like gutka or even empty packets of these found in possession of students will qualify for serious disciplinary action.